Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yummy Homemade Fruit Roll-ups

photo44

Ok, so this week was my first time to attempt to make fruit roll-ups in the oven. I’ve tried to make it in a dehydrator before without fruit leather screens and using wax paper (DON”T EVER DO THAT), lets just say it didn’t end well, and all my fruit leather stuck to the wax paper.

So I was so pleased when this batch turned out so much better! The flavor was divine! I have actually made too batches in the past day.

So without further ado….

Raspberry, Apple, Vanilla Roll-ups 

2 cups fresh (or frozen and thawed) raspberries

1 cup applesauce (I only have 1/2 c. pictured but decided to add more)

2 Tbsp honey

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

photo51

Start with cover a cookie sheet covered with Parchment paper (NOT wax paper).

Next wiz all ingredients in blender for about 20 seconds or until thoroughly mixed.

photo50

Then spread onto cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick.

photo49

Bake in oven until dried out at lowest temp possible. My oven only goes to 170, ideally you want it closer to 140. I set mine at 170 for two hours then pushed the hold heat setting (so it locks the heat in, instead of cooling the oven off after heat is turned off) for 2 hrs, then 170 again for 2 hrs, and so on until it was fully dried.

photo48

Then just wait 6-8 hrs and viola! The whole family loved it!

photo47

 

As for storage, turn roll-ups on top of a sheet of plastic wrap and then peal the the parchment paper off the top. Then using scissors I cut my large roll-up in 3 sections but next time I think I will make it 4. Then just roll them up and place in an airtight container in the fridge.

Enjoy!

 

P.S. Here is my other recipe I came up with today…

Strawberry, Apple, Peach Roll-ups

1 cup strawberries

1 cup fresh peaches sliced

1 cup applesauce

2 Tbsp honey

1/4 tsp vanilla flavor

Follow directions above. Smile

No comments: