Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homemade Laundry soap

034

I am SO excited about this soap!!!!!!!! I was cautious to be too excited about making it since I wasn’t sure how well it would work, or how well it would get the smell out.

I am happy to say this is a DEAL! As Fox 4 News would say! Open-mouthed smile

You will need the following…

 

1 bar of Zote or Felz Naptha soap

1 cup of Borax

1 cup of Arm and Hammer Pure Baking Soda or Washing Soda

 

First you chop or grate the soap.

032

Then you melt the grated or chopped soap on the stove in 6-8 cups of hot water.

038

Once it has melted into the water it will look like so…

044

Once it is completely melted pour into a 5 gallon bucket.

047

Add borax and Pure Baking soda (or Washing Soda).                       If you wish to add fragrance you can add it now. I used 20 drops of rose scented soap fragrance that I picked up at Michaels.

049

Still until well combined. Then fill bucket (you want a total of 5 gallons).

058

Stir some more. Then cover and let sit overnight. Stir a few times when you can.

It will get quite thick by morning, kinda like pudding, as you stir it up it will thin a little. I even used a hand wisk to help break up the thicker chunks and get it smoothed out.

071

I know store my bucket of homemade laundry detergent on top of my washer, with a little bowl next to it to old the measuring cup I use with it.                                                                                    When you are ready to use it. Just ad 5/8 of a cup to your washer.

074

 

As for laundry softener…. I heard this trick of using vinegar instead of laundry softener and it has worked great! Just add 1/4 cup to your softener cup. And no it does not leave your laundry smelling like vinegar. It actually has no smell.

075

 

Ok, and as for the dryer? Well I use these two blue dryer balls my mom got for me, I think you can get them at Walmart. I then put one drop of the same scent fragrance I used above (I used either rose or lavender) on each ball.

082

Have fun!

No comments: