Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mom's awesome Multi-Grain Bread



I love this recipe of my mom's Multi-grain bread! I like to make it using my breadmakers dough cycle and then take it out and cook it in the oven. I like the texture and the shape better that way. But it can also all be done in the breadmaker if you prefer.

Mom's Multi-Grain Bread

1 1/4 cup Warm water
2 Tbsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Honey or 3 Tbsp brown suger (I use brown sugar)
1 1/2 tbsp Powdered milk (optional, I usually use it though)
1 1/8 cup Bread flour
1 1/8 cup Whole wheat flour
2 tbsp Gluton flour
2 tbsp Wheat germ
2 tbsp Barley or soy flour (I use soy)
1 cup Old-fashioned oats
2 tsp Instant yeast

Put in breadmaker in order above. Set on dough cycle. Watch it about half way through, if it still too sticky and 1-2 Tbsp of flour. After dough cycle is complete take out of pan and place in a bread pan. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes to allow to rise. After the 20 min is finished raise temp to 350 and set timer for 35 minutes. A
After you remove bread from oven take out of pan and let cook on a cooling rack. Enjoy!



No comments: